Topic for Autumn 2016 is “Mighty Mountains”.
- To locate using an atlas the highest peaks in each of the 7 continents and identify the mountain ranges.
- To begin to understand how mountains ranges are formed.
- To describe some features of mountain ranges and the climate experienced there.
- To look in more detail at The Alps and The Andes
- To use a range of sources to describe and understand key aspects of physical geography.
- To consider the achievements of Sir Hilary Edmund and Tenzing Norgay.