We like to work very closely with our parents and recognise the great trust you place in us by choosing to send your children to our school. We assure you that in our school the children are the most important people and meeting their needs is paramount.
It is our aim to create a happy, safe and stimulating environment. We welcome and encourage the involvement of parents, carers, governors and members of our local community. In working together we promote learning and develop a sense of belonging for all.
It is our intention to guide children in the development of positive attitudes towards learning and to enable them to realise their full potential by:
- Communicating clearly and confidently-to read, write, listen, understand, question, respond and report.
- Offering a variety of learning styles and situations, so children may learn through investigation, trial and experimentation.
- Providing for the acquisition of knowledge through investigation and creative study.
- Developing a delight in working with numbers, so promoting skills in calculating, problem solving and applying mathematical concepts to everyday life.
- Using technological equipment with confidence.
- Promoting aesthetic development and appreciation by stimulation of imaginative and creative activities – music, dance, writing, drama, art, craft and design.
- Developing physical skills and understanding the need for a healthy life.
- Promoting investigation into Christianity and an awareness and appreciation of other religions.
It is our aim to help children develop a sense of self-worth and confidence, but also to be self-critical and to take increasing responsibility for their own learning